Friday, November 6, 2009


I'm in New York City this weekend attending Poets House Poetry in the Branches National Institute. I'm learning how to build a good poetry collection and how to conduct exciting poetry programs in the library. If you don't know about Poets House, PLEASE go to their website (www.poetshouse.org) and click around. They have just moved into a beautiful new building in Lower Manhattan overlooking the Hudson River. Here is a poem I found in the stacks there today. The rest of the Poetry Friday roundup is over at Wild Rose Reader.

Human Heart by Gregory Orr

Human heart -
That tender engine
Love revs it;
Loss stalls it.
What can make it
Go Again?
The poem, the poem.

1 comment:

Heidi Mordhorst said...

Hi, Lisa-

I love a little poem, too, and for the rest of my life I'll be thinking "tender engine." Your photo of that pristine stretch of window and stacks of poetry is very inviting...I'd like to step out of my house with its piles of unfolded laundry and most recent Costco shop and be there...